Friday, June 7, 2013

Tea Review: Oregon Chai Dreamscape

Although I am trying to phase out many of my pre packaged teas, I always feel drawn to a few. I'm to make lazy to make a trip to Wegmans to get some more of my favorite chai; therefore, I've been trying to carefully

selected a tea from the supermarket that is comparable in taste. I've tried Mighty Leaf Chai, but the favorite is too peppery and not strong enough even with two tea bags in the cup. For a while now, I've been eyeing a particular brand on the shelf called Oregon Chai. Since the company name has chai in it then it must be good. With this company you have a choice of concentrate or tea bags and decaf or regular. Normally I would grab the regular tea bags and call it a day, but the fact that the decaf on was marked down severely ($1.59) decided for me.
It's a blend of honeybush and rooibos which are two teas that I don't really care for, but it does make it a decaf tea. When I choose these kinds of teas they usually have something in it that masks the flavor of that actual tea. This is definitely what the spices in this tea do. The blend is excellently spiced and not a single spice overwhelms the other. It has a slight black pepper aftertaste. The rooibos and honeybush give the tea a slight sweet flavor which is accented by the sweetness of cardamom. To officially taste test this out I brewed it a little more traditionally with 2 parts milk to 1 part water and added two teaspoons of sweetener for a 12 oz cup. Delicious on a rainy night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment