Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Teavana's Blueberry Kona Pop

As much as I wouldn't think twice about smacking about Teavana, they really do have some great teas. The only real problem I have with the company is that their sales associates are are a little too pushy for my tastes and I love to window shop. Of course you can order from them online, but you're missing out on a big part of the tea experience. With that being said, the tea today is actually one that they are usually sampling,

Blueberry Kona Pop. It's a blend between their Blueberry Bliss and Pineapple Kona Pop. Personally, I've never had it hot, but only iced as they serve it in their stores and without all of the sugar they add.
I'm slowly progressing with getting my tea collection to a more manageable amount and this was one that I only had a little left of. It's been pretty hot lately, so I wanted to make a nice refreshing drink and I had just enough left to make 2 quarts of iced tea. First I steeped 8 tsp of the tea in 4 cups of water to create a concentrate. When I had thought it achieved a strong flavor, I poured 4 cups of cold water in and removed the tea bags. As for the sweetener, I do it per cup I drink instead of all at once. For my tasting purposes today I prepared it with 1 tsp Splenda and 1 tsp honey.
There's no caffeine in this tea since it's made from herbal and rooibos based tisanes and does not actually contain real tea. It's light and fruit as if you're eating a popsicle. This would definitely be a great tea to give to kids instead of Kool Aid. The most prominent taste is blueberry with a subtle hint of pineapple. Thankfully, to a person that doesn't like rooibos, I can not taste any rooibos. It's so good that I'm thinking about braving Teavana within a few weeks to purchase some more. I wonder if I told them how much I hate their tins if they're let me just get it in a bag...

0 comments:

Post a Comment